Qingdao International Business Association (QIBA)The organization has around 50 active members (≈75% Chinese Nationals, ≈25% Foreign Nationals) who attend regular monthly presentations. QIBA is not the only association for doing business in Qingdao, there are several international LinkedIn business networks (The Qingdao Network - 1,100+ members, Qingdao Business Network - 650+ members) where you can network with others doing business in China's Sailing City.
The Qingdao International Business Association (QIBA), comprised of a broad cross-section of both international and domestic business professionals working in the local Qingdao community, is the combination of the former Qingdao Business Leaders (QBL) and Qingdao International Business Club (QIBC).
Qingdao International Business Association (QIBA) meetings are held at the InterContinental Qingdao on the fourth Wednesday of the month. There are 10 regularly scheduled presentation/networking meetings per year in conjunction with various scheduled factory tours and other special events. Networking, refreshments, and snacks begin at 18:00 while presentations generally start around 19:00.
Qingdao International Business Association (QIBA) Mission Statement:
"To establish a non-profit, organization of International business associates who meet on a regular basis to facilitate and promote the sharing of best practices, business development within the community and provide a platform for social interaction of its members."
Qingdao International Business Association (QIBA) Membership Dues (paid in cash):
Individual Meeting fee: 180 RMB
Individual Annual Membership fee: 800 RMB
Corporate Annual Membership fee: 3000 RMB
Qingdao International Business Association (QIBA) Paid Members Receive:
- Notification of all QIBA meetings, events and factory tours.
- Access to the restricted ‘MEMBERS AREA’ tab on this website, which offers access to forums, meeting notes & presentation material, member listings, service listings and survey/polling data. Eligable to a "five minute intoroduction" of your organization.
Qingdao International Business Association (QIBA) Corporate Membership Benefits Include:
- (4) company employees can attend all meetings, tours & events.
- (1) Executive Board Member Seat.
- Eligible to sponsor events and present at meetings.
- Company Logo with embedded link to company website posted on the QIBA website.