How to get a Chinese Drivers License (Automobile or Motorcycle) in QingdaoForeigners including people from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao with valid Chinese Residence Permit (Work, Student, or Marriage Visa) can apply for a Chinese Drivers License. The Chinese driving licence is valid for 5 years, and can be renewed after that.
Documents needed for Chinese Drivers License Application in Qingdao:
1) A copy of your passport.
2) A copy of your valid Chinese Residence Permit.
3) A copy of the latest entry stamp in your passport.
4) Original valid overseas driving license with official notarized translation.
4) Three 1”x1" color pictures (with white background).
5) Completed application forms w/ health check (vision and hearing).
Qingdao Municipal Public Security Bureau Traffic Police Detachment
211 NanJing Rd.
Telephone: +86 (532) 8561-4558
ShiBei District > West of FuLiao Junction
Qingdao, Shandong Province. P.R. China
青岛市公安局交通警察支队机动车驾驶员管理所, 南京路211号, 中国山东省青岛市市北区
56 Harbin Road
9:30 to 11:30 and 13:00 to 17:00 (closed on weekends)
Total Cost: 290 RMB
** After passing the test your new Chinese Drivers Licence will be ready for pick up after 3 business days. Keep in mind if you are seeking a motorcycle drivers licence here in China you will be required to present notarized copies of your valid original foreign motorcycle operators licence.